Saturday, November 7, 2009

Exploring Pittsburgh Neighborhoods: My Journey Begins

I love Pittsburgh's neighborhoods. Each with its own character, from upscale to artsy to gritty, the neighborhoods are what make Pittsburgh such a special, authentic place. I live in the city and spend many of my evenings and weekends exploring different neighborhoods with my husband Dave. I worked for three years in the Lawrenceville neighborhood in community development. Even for Pittsburghers like Dave and me, born in the 'burbs and only away from Pittsburgh for school, there's always something new to discover.

But it wasn't until recently, during a walk through the Fineview neighborhood, that I realized we'd never been to all of Pittsburgh's 90 neighborhoods. That's what this blog is about--my journey through all of Pittsburgh's neighborhoods. If you love Pittsburgh neighborhoods like I do, please leave comments. I think the beauty of the neighborhoods is that each of us discovers something new, and it's fun to see what others have found.Me in the West Park playground in the North Side a year ago. Photo by Dave, as is the photo in this blog's header.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! It'll be fun to follow your journey through these neighborhoods.

    I'm curious how you are going about getting started on your travels. Where will you begin? How do you find out exactly where each neighborhood is?

    ReplyDelete